Tuesday, April 19, 2022

April 15, 2022: WTOL 11 Sports

Hitting for a Cause' at Total Sports in Rossford

ROSSFORD, Ohio — Young baseball players from the area took part in "Hitting for a Cause" at Total Sports in Rossford on Friday, all in an effort to help a local man working to pay off his medical bills.
Each kid hit eight pitches and pledged money for each foot the ball traveled. They were doing it to raise money for Lupe Hinojosa. 
Over the last two years, Hinojosa has been battling stage three colon cancer as well as COVID-19. All the money raised will go to help cover his medical bills, a gesture Hinojosa was very grateful for.
"It means a lot to me. I couldn't do it without them," said Hinojosa. "I appreciate all the boys at girls at Total Sports for doing this for me. I didn't think anybody would do this for me and it was a blessing."
Garry Isbell, director of baseball at Total Sports, says this kind of event is what sports are all about.
"It always brings joy to me. It always brings a sense of graciousness as to why I do what I do," said Isbell. 
Isbell says they have been holding events like this for 15 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment